Art City of Mithila
|• Type||Madhubani Municipal Corporation|
|• Total||46.56 km2 (17.98 sq mi)|
|Elevation||56 m (184 ft)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 (9,100/sq mi)|
|• Additional official||Hindi, Maithili|
|• Regional Language||Maithili|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-BR|
|Sex ratio||1000/926 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Madhubani|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Madhubani, Bisfi|
Madhubani is a City Municipal Corporation and headquarter of Madhubani district. Madhubani is situated in the Indian state of Bihar. It comes under Darbhanga Division. It is situated at 26 km northeast of Darbhanga City. The Madhuban Raj in Madhubani was created as a consequence. The word "Madhuban" means "forest of honey", from which Madhubani is derived, but sometimes it is also known as "madhu"+"vaani" meaning "sweet" "voice/language".
- Madhubani occupies a total of 3501 km2.
- Main Rivers are Kamla, Kareh, Balan, Bhutahi Balan, Gehuan, Supen, Trishula, Jeevachh, Koshi and Adhwara Group.
- High Flood Level is 54.017 m.
- Whole District is under Earthquake Zone 5.
- Total Cropped Area – 218381 Hect.
- Barren /Uncultivable Land – 1456.5 Hect
- Land under Non-agricultural use – 51273.24 Hect
- Cultivable Barren Land – 333.32 Hect
- Permanent Pasture – 1372.71 Hect
- Miscellaneous Trees – 8835.90 Hect
- Cultivable Land – 232724 Hect
- Cropping Intensity – 134.23%
Madhubani Town is located at . It has an average elevation of 56 metres.
Madhubani is also famous for its Mithila paintings. These paintings are created mostly by women. Natural colours are used and paintings are done on canvases, walls, floors of sacred places, etc. The painting is brightly coloured with a mix of several hues, along with a white border to all lines which is a major technique used. This art form originated when Lord Janak asked the villagers to decorate the village to celebrate the wedding of Rama Ji and Sita Ji. The art usually consists of scenes from the Ramayana or depicts Lord Krishan with Gopis. 
Jitwarpur is the Craft village of India for the sake of Mithila Painting.
As of 2011[update] India census, Madhubani Town had a population of 166,285. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Madhubani Town has an average literacy rate of 71.06%, just above the national average of 62.39%: male literacy is 78.81%, and female literacy is 53%. In Madhubani Town, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The first urban haat of Bihar have built in Araria Sangram of Madhubani district, which is known as Mithilahaat.
Discover the essence of Mithilanchal's rich heritage and culinary marvels at Mithilahaat, an enchanting theme-based park brought to life by the Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation(BSTDC). Inaugurated by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on January 11th, 2023, Mithilahaat stands as a testament to Bihar's commitment to preserving its cultural legacy
Laukaha is a nearby town close to the border of Nepalese town of Thadi. Laukaha in India and Thadi in Nepal are a part of one of the agreed route for Mutual Trade between India and Nepal and import and export to Nepal happen via Laukaha. Government of Nepal has set up a dedicated customs office in the town. and Government of India has set up a Land Customs Station with a Superintendent level officer.
Kalagram Jitwarpur is an art hub of Madhubani. Many scholars come and research about Mithila Lokchitra.
- Ram Krishna College
- Madhubani Medical College and Hospital
- Watson High School, Madhubani
- Jagdish Nandan Singh College
- JMDPL Mahila College
- DNY College
- BM College
- Rama Prasad Dutta Janta High School
- Indian Public School
- Arknath Chaudhary
- Chandramani Datta
- Mahasundari Devi
- Sita Devi
- Tira Devi
- Ashish Jha
- Ganganath Jha
- Narendra Jha
- Sanjay Kumar Jha
- Sriram Jha
- Mangani Lal Mandal
- Ramprit Mandal
- Ram Prit Paswan
- Chaturanan Mishra
- Lalit Narayan Mishra
- Mohan Mishra
- Prem Chandra Mishra
- Maṇḍana Miśra
- Amrish Ranjan Pandey
- Mohammad Shams Aalam Shaikh
- Gajendra Thakur
- Maithili Thakur
- Vidyapati, Maithili poet
- Devendra Prasad Yadav
- Hukmdev Narayan Yadav
- Baua Devi
- Ashok Kumar Yadav
- Haribhushan Thakur
- Ram, Bindeshwar (1998). Land and society in India: agrarian relations in colonial North Bihar. Orient Blackswan. ISBN 978-81-250-0643-5.
- "Madhubani | India | Britannica.com". Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "MADHUBANI Pincode". citypincode.in. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Madhubani, India". fallingrain.com. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Warli and Madhubani Picture book | informative video" – via YouTube.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "India Nepal Trade Agreement. India-Nepal Foreign Treaty of Trade Agreement". eximguru.com. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Department of Customs, Nepal – Custom Contact Offices". customs.gov.np. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "No. |".